Sunday, November 23, 2008

We'll See...

Today I got my hair cut and colored. The idea was to color my hair in such a way so I wouldn't "have to" maintain the color anymore. I had been getting highlights done with the same stylist for years and she's really good. Usually we could stretch out the time between highlight appointments from the usual 6-8 weeks to a good 4 months. She's just really good at placement so they don't show the growth that much. Since I wanted to go back natural to save some money, my hair stylist suggested to use a semi-permanent glazing to help fade the highlights into my natural color, which is a very dark brown. She felt it would be the most cost effective and longest lasting, so we did it.

So you know how those highlights are lighter then my base color so of course they are going to take the color differently. Well, apparently there was a lot of red in that there glazing as I now have some serious burgundy going on. The highlights didn't exactly fade away, but I'd say they are much brighter now but now way red.

We're going to see how it looks after a bit of time and then I may be going back under the bottle (which is so not the preference). Granted, she was using a more natural product then usual and the salon doesn't have a ton of experience with this brand so um.... we'll see. It's not bad, it's just not what I had asked for and she was honest and said it was not what she had expected either. Back in the day, I used to actually get burgundy highlights like this, you know back when I was 20.

I'd throw out a picture, but I'm dead tired and I look it and we wouldn't want to document that now would we?

**Update** I just washed it (again) and more color came out so maybe it really will fade. But still, not what I was hoping for.

2 comments:

J said...

I hope it fades to just what you wanted, and soon. :)

~Donna~ said...

Sounds like you are on your way to getting at least close to what you wanted. Now you know why I don't do highlights. Covering the gray is hard enough. Besides, with the color i use (i do it myself still) the gray turns into their own highlights.