Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Over Already?

Last night was kinda cool although I admit a little um... anti-climatic? It's like we turned on the TV and poles were already starting to close on the East Coast. Predictions were being made and graphs and numbers were shown that there was hardly a way for McCain to win, and that it would be a shoe-in for Obama.

Sure I think this is great thing, but I guess I was looking for more bang for the past 2 years. Not like I wanted a fun replay of the hanging chad, but I wanted a little more suspense I guess. I even went to bed before the West Coast poles closed. At some point I woke up in the middle of the night, nudged Eric and asked him if we have a new president elect yet, and he said 'yea'. I just rolled back over without hearing the answer because duh, I knew. He of course needed to tell me because he did stay up to watch it all play out. He was pretty excited.

Ahh hell, it's exiting no matter what. Change is good. Change is good.

Sadly, my Obama high wasn't high enough to keep me from being brought down by stupid Prop 8. Sure, it's not over yet, but it's way too close for my comfort.

4 comments:

J said...

I think if you had stayed awake and watched the polls close, you wouldn't feel the same way. It was amazing to see people pouring out onto the streets in New York, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, cheering and waving flags and excited as all hell. I've never seen anything like it in the United States. And Obama gave a hell of a speech. Maybe you'd feel better if you had seen all of that.

Regarding 8, yes, it's a pisser, but the ACLU is already suing and calling it illegal. The votes may be counted, but this issue isn't over.

~Donna~ said...

Spence may not have been able to come with me, but we did watch the results coming in together. It was a bit exciting and we were def disappointed with the Prop 8 outcome, but like J says, it's not over yet. And it was very very close, so the yes side didn't win as big as they think they did.

Anonymous said...

I feel like I'm on a little bit of a downer after the high. Though I'm so grateful for the end result of the Presidential election.

On the other hand, I'm really surprised about 8. I think its inevitable that it will be reversed sooner or later, and my guess is sooner.

karenmeg1 said...

The irony of Prop 8 is mindboggling.

I stayed up to watch the speech, it was pretty amazing. And I could not get over the visions of the young people at the White house, all celebrating. What a sight!

You must be so proud to be an American right now.