Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

And a belated Thanksgiving to my friends up North!

Tonight my parents came over for a fairly simple meal to celebrate Thanksgiving and my father's birthday. I forgot to make the rolls, and then I forgot to put the baked potatoes in to bake, the grill flamed up while I wasn't paying attention and put a little extra "color" and "crust of flavor" on the ribeyes, but in the end it all turned out just fine. We had a lovely meal, and visit.

The only sad part of the night was knowing my brother was up in Canada alone tonight. His wife went home for a surprise party for her mom and my brother had to work. I wish he could have come down to have dinner with us but the 20 hour drive was a bit much. Although I did ask! Multiple times! Maybe next year.

I hope you all had wonderful times with your families tonight.

3 comments:

Ted said...

Happy Thanksgiving, and happy Birthday to your papa. :) We sometimes put potatoes in the microwave until they're almost cooked, and then put them in the oven to 'finish them off'. They're pretty good. Not QUITE as fluffy as if you bake them the whole time, but a heck of a lot faster.

J said...

That was me. Silly blogger, even though i told it I'm me, it thinks I'm Ted. I'm on his computer.

Ted said...

Sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving! Like you said, maybe next year your bro and his wife can come down for the holiday.

(By the way, this is really Ted typing this comment) :-)