Thursday, November 13, 2008

Joey Doesn't Share Food

So I don't know when this started, but I don't like to share food. Specifically when it is a dish I REALLY love. I think it all comes down to expectations and what's in it for me. I mean, if I suggest the sharing because I can't decide on a single dish, then I'm all for it, but if I was really wanting to just get this one dish for me and it is suggested we share, I don't like it. Ohh, and if I want to share but the person I'm with does not want to, then I get all upset. I'm such a baby about food and wanting it my way (ok maybe I just want it my way).

I asked my brother if I've always been so protective about food, and he said he doesn't think so. But man, now I am.

I have a co-worker who is working on me to share happily. It's kind of his mission. There are a few restaurants that he knows I like multiple things so he'll suggest sharing. Somedays I'm all into it, and somedays I'm a total grumpy kid about it. Looking at myself from a distance I think its pretty funny. This clip of Joey, from Friends, allows me to get some perspective and a little chuckle too.

6 comments:

J said...

That was totally cute. You want it your way, and that's all there is to it, right?

Remind me of that if I ever go after your fries. As a matter of fact, I'm sure I've grabbed food off of your plate before (I'm like that sometimes...) So I'm sorry. :)

Tracy said...

too funny! i like going out for dinner with Hubs and picking out 2 things we both want and then sharing. but usually, there is one stand out clear winner. :)

Anonymous said...

JOEY DOESN'T SHARE FOOD! haha Totally remember that episode. If it's something I truly love, I don't like sharing at all. Only child syndrome. But I love it when others want to share with me. I know, I'm a selfish beotch. I blame my mom.

Karen MEG said...

That clip was hilarious!!!

Hubby and I always laugh when we're at restaurants. I'm usually the one who gets the better entree (95% of the time) and I SOOOO do not want him to get near it... because he's always eating way too much of it!

One time after he finished his ice cream at Dairy Queen, I felt badly and asked if he wanted a bit of mine... and he ate the whole thing even though I wasn't finished!

So I feel justified not sharing, KWIM?!!

~Donna~ said...

Joey doesn't share food, but Donna shares memes!!! Enjoy...great blog fodder for this month... http://donnazchaos.blogspot.com/2008/11/meme-post.html

Anonymous said...

Amy doesn't share food either! I can share, but i don't like to. I order what I want to eat, so why would I share? Unless you have something I want...