Monday, November 24, 2008

Too Loud!

Dear Guy on the BART train with your mp3 player turned up really loud.

I CAN HEAR YOUR MUSIC AND I DON'T WANT TO! AND I SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO CONSIDERING YOU ARE 5 ROWS OF SEATS AWAY FROM ME!

Seriously, this guy is a fair distance away from me and has ear buds in, but I can hear his music loud and clear. Now I'm not saying I don't like his music (though its not my taste) but the point of the ear phones is to keep the music to yourself. And if his music is that loud, I'm thinking his ears are not really enjoying being beat down upon.

Thankfully he got off the train only 20 minutes into my ride, as I would not have been able to stand that for the hour and a half. I was kinda trying to catch his eye to ask him to turn it down, but also kind of felt wrong to ask. Isn't that sad that we are all in our own little worlds that even though something someone else is doing is affecting me I didn't feel right to ask him to change his actions.

Sigh.

Oh, and now there is a guy behind me crunching on something really loud. Maybe I'm just sensitive and cranky today. (CLOSE YOUR MOUTH WHEN YOU CHEW PLEASE!)

Grumble Grumble.

5 comments:

J said...

HA! The disgusting and annoying sounds of public transportation!

I'm thinking his hearing won't last long, poor bloke.

~Donna~ said...

really don't miss that part of commuting. I purposely spent some extra money on a good pair of "real" headphones for spencer so he doesn't annoy anyone else on his 50 min commute on the train.

Ooh, my verification word was propermu. :)

Karen MEG said...

He should really watch it! Once it's gone, it's gone!

I'm glad I don't have to take public transit much anymore. Most of the people, yes, just gross me right out.

Tracy said...

I feel that way when I'm driving too. It's like, "I'm glad you're enjoying your tunes, but keep them in your car!" :)

Ted said...

The downside of public transportation, huh.