Friday, August 04, 2006

Weekend free of work

Today is so totally Friday!

Last week we were given a 5 day notice that we are expected to work on most Saturdays for the next couple of months, unless of course we have prior obligations that we can't get out of (or are about to drop from exhaustion and burn out). Before I was hired I already had plans for this weekend, and next weekend the team is scheduled a recovery weekend. So I have 2 full weekends coming up. The pressure is on, so I've been staying at work until about 8pm everyday except the night of my final. So this weekend feels like an extended holiday to me.

This has been one of those weeks where every morning I swear it must be the weekend by now, or at least Friday, hell I'd even take a Thursday. This is what happens when I have to work just one extra day. I'm so spoiled now. You'd never know I used to work 3 jobs and go to school at the same time. Good thing I only have to work on the weekends until November!

I'll try to not bitch too much over the next few months. I'll try really hard.

Dot, stop rolling your eyes! I mean it!

4 comments:

J said...

I remember working full time and going to school full time, and it was exhausting, and a day off from both was just amazing. Enjoy.

Autumn's Mom said...

I hope you have a very relaxing and fun weekend. And stop telling me to stop rolling my eyes. You know I can't help it!! haha

Anonymous said...

Oh yuk, work on the weekend!! May this weekend be great.. Sleep in, have brunch and relax...

Gina said...

Yes, hope you are having a great time so far!