Saturday, August 26, 2006

Saturday MeMe

J at Thinking About..., tagged me to do this MeMe. I don't know what she was thinking, tagging me on a Saturday when she knows that I'm supposed to be working and she knows that I just can't help myself or control my need to read and post. I feel like I haven't done many MeMe's, maybe 2, and I don't really know why. I love to read them, but I seldom think to write one so here goes:
1. Things that scare me:
  • Thinking that I'll never be a mom
  • Thinking that we are ruining the earth for future generations
  • Idiots who govern our country, other countries, and those that vote/will/or allow them into power

2. People who make me laugh:
  • People who can laugh at themselves and put themselves out there to share the humility of life
  • My brother - he's rather zanny

3. Things I hate the most:
  • Nausea
  • Guilt
  • Helplessness
4. Things I don't understand:
  • How some people cannot pick up on their audience's disinterest or non-understanding in what they are continuing to blab on and on about
  • The idea that one person's beliefs are better then another's
  • How I can know one thing but feel/do the opposite

5. Things I'm doing right now:
  • I'm whistling (and blogging) while I work (on a freakin SATURDAY)
  • Drinking tea at noon because I came into work late ON A SATURDAY because I was here until 10pm and opted to stay up late with Eric you know, so I could actually talk to him instead of just nudging him when I've come to bed and then kissing his forehead when I get up
  • Being bitter and experiencing the discomfort of eating Taco Bell at 11pm last night

6. Things I want to do before I die:
  • Give birth
  • Share at least one story from my life, with my grandchild
  • Tell my parents I love them

7. Things I can do:
  • Procrastinate
  • Love others
  • TALK TALK TALK (or chat)

8. Things I can't do:
  • sit still when I hear music that moves me
  • make a decision without consulting at least one person
  • keep my own secrets
10. Things I think you should listen to:
  • Yourself (mind and body)
  • Children
  • the Emergency Broadcast Alert System

11.Things you should never listen to:
  • Me (unless I am yelling at you to duck, run, jump, or move quickly in anyway)
  • I wish I could say idiots/politicians/powers that be, but sometimes they say good things too

12. Things I'd like to learn:
  • how to listen better
  • how to stress/worry less
  • how to focus

13. Favorite foods:
  • Butter
  • Cream
  • Sugar

14. Beverages I drink regularly:
  • Hot Tea
  • Water
  • Milk

15. Shows I watched as a kid:
  • Brady Bunch
  • Yan Can Cook!
  • Mr. Wizard's World

3 comments:

Gina said...

Ahhhh, butter, cream and sugar. You are my kind of gal!

J said...

Great list. :) I also need to learn the things you need to learn...maybe we can take a class together.

Anonymous said...

I guess you were fated to be a chef since you were watching Yan as a kid!

We had a great time at your party yesterday! It was loud at Fentons, but the food and ice cream were pretty darn good!