Saturday, November 03, 2012

Trying Again

I've missed Blogging. There I said it. I continue to read the exact same blogs I've read for years...let's say 6 or so years. I've added very few to my feed reader since the hey day of blogging but I still enjoy how you can really get a sense of who a person is and what they are dealing with in a post longer than a Tweet or Facebook update (granted some of my friends really need to stop with the book length status updates!). Of those few blogs I follow, even fewer are still actively updated. It's just not the thing to do anymore, or life gets busy, or more that social media has just changed a lot in the last 5 years.

I still think up post ideas, though not nearly as frequently as i once did, but now have even less time to sit and write. A few years ago I slowed down with my own blogging and moved over to Facebook claiming that was all I had time for. Then onto Twitter because sometimes my brain is chatty and I want to share little things too frequently for Facebook but still no chunks of time for writing a post (for some reason a blog post must be long and well planned and thought out in my head) . And then came Instagram because ...well the babies and food were the most exciting things going on in my world since I work too much and it's easier to share those things with photos. And that brings me to today when I have some time on my hands in the middle of the night when there is little to photograph in the dark and Twitter goes silent and Facebook? Well I still just don't have much to share there ... Not sure why.

It's November again and I figure I'll try out NaBloPoMo one more time. What the hell. Why not. And just like the procrastinator/always late person I am, I am starting on day 2.

Hi blogosphere. Did you miss me? Heh. Hello? Anyone still out there?

2 comments:

J said...

I'm here! And I'm SO EXCITED that you're doing NaBloPoMo, even if you ARE a day short. So what? That's awesome. Think of the Wordless Wednesdays you can do, with just pics of your adorable little ones. YAY!

I'm trying to do it, too. Remember when I couldn't stop myself, I blogged so much? Yeah, not so much anymore. But Issa inspired me, so let's see how we do. :)

Issa said...

I love that you're doing this. KEEP IT UP!!! ;)