CUTTING THE CRAP! (and some general healthy living goals)
- no candy
- no soda (including diet!)
- no fried foods
- no fatty foods
- no fast food
- healthy snacks ok - in moderation - nuts, dried fruit, fresh fruit, veggies,etc.
- limited red meat - no more then 2 times per week
- at least one veggie side dish at dinner
- at least one piece of fresh fruit per day
- don't eat when not hungry/stop when full
- breakfast everyday
- work lunch - eating out no more then 2 times per week (saves $ and calories)
- water - 2 liters a day
- cardio - 3 times per week for a minimum of 30 minutes
- strength - 2 times per week
- assigned back exercises - 3 times per week
- up to 3 treats per week (moderately sized and using good judgment of course)
Now some of you my note that I made cupcakes yesterday and planned on bringing them into the office today and yes... this personal challenge means I can't even have one of those coconutty goodies which are not too sweet and perfectly dense but not too dense and are sitting within my view. Oh sure, I could have one as a treat but I'm stronger then that and might NEED it more nearer the end of the week! When we were talking about our personal lists (we each have slightly different ones), I mentioned that I was going to bake this weekend and Liz suggested that we could eat it if we made it but I see that as a dangerous loop hole so I'm going to just leave those yummy treats over there for the masses, besides I still have a bowl of leftover frosting at home and I TOTALLY MADE THAT!
It's only 2 weeks (no redbull? My only form of caffeine? Really?) I'll be ok, I know I will. (Most of Dim Sum is steamed right? That makes it healthy, doesn't it?) It's only 2 weeks.
After 2 weeks... we'll tackle portion control.
What crap would you cut out?