Monday, July 30, 2007

Not how I want to wake up on Monday morning

Have you ever had one of those dreams where even though you KNOW it's a dream, the emotions from the dream totally carry over into your morning?

Right before I woke up this morning, I had a dream that I had forgotten my passport at home when I was going on a trip to England. My mother had just dropped me off at the airport, and I didn't realize my mistake until she had already left. Quickly getting on my cell phone, I started calling my mom and my husband to see if they could bail me out and get me my passport in time for me to catch the next flight, which I had already switched to (for only $36! My dreams are always incredibly detailed). No one was answering their phones and I was stuck. My own mistake but I was fulling blaming it on my loved ones for not being there when I needed them.

I woke up this morning very irritated with myself, my mother and my husband. All for actions that happened IN A DREAM! I needed a few minutes to calm down before I could greet my husband on this very lovely Monday morning.

6 comments:

J said...

I've had that dream, too, though oddly enough I'm on the airplane already, or in England going through customs, before I realize...no passport! Ack!

And I've also had dreams when I wake up totally pissed off at Ted or Maya or my mom or whomever, and it takes me awhile to let it go. Stupid, but true.

Anonymous said...

Weird how real a dream can be. I wake up very disoriented sometimes from my dreams not knowing where I am. Strangeness.

Beenzzz said...

You know, sometimes dreams tell you a lot about what you're bottling up or feeling subconsciously, that you aren't aware of. It's weird how these feeling manifest themselves in the dream and allow you to feel it. I always dream that one of my loved ones have died and noone mourns them but me, which is beyond enfuriating! Weird dreams! Anyway, let it run its course, you'll feel better tomorrow.

ML said...

Yes, I have had those dreams - vivid in picture and emotions.

One of the last dreams I had like that, I actually woke up laughing my head off. I was happy to have a dream like that where the emotions stuck with me for weeks after.

However, I have had the extremely sad or angry ones where I wish the emotions would go away and not follow me around so long.

Gina said...

I had a dream once where Hubba-hubba was cheating on me, and I woke up wanting to strangle him! And I swear, it took a few hours for the anger to wear off.

Ginger said...

This happens to me almost nightly. I wake up angry at my husband or full of anxiety over a dreamed event. Glad to know I'm not alone.