Monday, March 13, 2006

Weekend recap

Late last week a friend asked me to make plans in April, and the thought of thinking out that far totally freaked me out. Hello… this is the planning monster, I love to make plans, and I couldn’t cope with this simple request. This is what I wrote back to her:

“Well I'm sorry girls, but right now I can't think about what I'm going to do in an hour, much less knowing about April. I'm a bit too stressed out to deal with much, outside of general hygiene and nourishment. Yes, I exaggerate, but I'm really not in a good place right now. So sure, a get together is needed, but I can't deal with the date picking thoughts. Yes, even that is stressing me out too much.”

Whoa! That scared me that I even wrote that!

So this weekend, I thought I should do a little me time and organize some stuff and meditate and go to the gym. But instead I played with my SIMs. Which of course I ran into a bug after 4 hours, and had to quit without saving. I hate it when there is a bug in the program where one of my toddler twins gets stuck in a wall and cries and cries because you can’t get him out to feed, bathe, change him or put him to bed. It was very sad to see him and to listen to the constant crying, and all the adults would go to him and stare at him with concern. But alas he was stuck. For anyone out there playing SIMs 2, do not give your toddler SmartMilk, and then put him in a high chair while he is still glowing. He will get STUCK! So sad.

No worries, I couldn’t feel like I wasted those 4 hours, I learned of a new bug, reported it, and knew not to do that again.

Then we ran some errands, and had dinner at Krispy Kreme. The sugar rush quickly passed and I napped on the couch for 5 hours, and woke up at 11pm, and watched the Discovery Channel with Eric until 2am. We watched a couple episodes of Dirty Jobs, I Shouldn’t be Alive, Stunt Junkies, and Survivorman. All very addictive shows. I’m telling you all… you must watch “I Shouldn’t Be Alive”. The situations are recreated so well, and the fact that the people that survived the situation are there, telling their parts of the story make it seem so real. Of course you can always figure out who survives and who doesn’t by who is doing the story telling. But it is so good. A little gross when people’s limbs are dying or infection sets in, but they always explain what is happening so well.

After our late night marathon Discovery Channel watching, we went to bed and didn’t wake until 10am on Sunday. Lovely!

On Sunday, we went for our weekly hour long walk where we get in some great conversation and get that heart rate up in the “Weight Lose Zone”. (wiggle that ass!) I don’t know exactly what we did for the rest of the day, but I know it included a long REI trip to return Eric’s $200 sun glasses that he wasn’t thrilled about and we bought ourselves some Winter gear on Clearance and a drive out to Vallejo to go to what was supposed to be this cool discount tool place. Eric thought I’d love it, because I like tools and house stuff, but this place was a CHEAP, POOR little store, full of CHEAP crap. I didn’t see any real bargains cause it was all crap anyway. He bought an axe and a rake and was excited, so it made the drive and the bridge toll worth it.

I think I spent the rest of the day working on my SIMs to have babies again without getting them stuck in the wall. At least I didn’t think about work all weekend!

No comments: