Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Company Love Fest

Yesterday my company threw a little Valentine's Day party of sorts. I found this a little odd because in general I'm one of those anti-Valentines people, at least I don't like to whoop it up like some people. I pretty much see it as just another day, since I feel that everyday we should remember our loved ones (but I'll never refuse the See's chocolates that Eric gives me every year. Mmm Mmm).

So anyway... back to the party.

They rented a popcorn popping cart thingy from the deli across the street, and you REALLY don't want to know the butter like orange stick o'goo that is used to pop and flavor the corn, really you don't

They had all sorts of Red, Pink and White candies and cookies, which were heavily frosted and sugared of course.

And, they showed a movie. Yes, a movie at the office. Please take a moment to imagine a room with 30 or so tech geeks continuing to work on their laptops, sitting in the dark, watching none other then the great 80's teen star John Cusack in "Better Off Dead". CLASSIC!

Well at least now it's classic, since I had never heard of this movie before, and I asked J over at Thinking About, if it was worth my while to stop working for a bit to go watch, and she had never heard of it and she knows all things good about the 80's, so I was skeptical. And then I thought, HEY, I get to totally work half-assed for an hour or so, see a probably crappy movie and then go home, sounds like a good deal to me!

So yea, it was a pretty bad movie although funny at times. It was probably one of those movies where the director was going for the type of show where they threw in all sorts of really bad jokes and stunts and such to get the kids laughing, or maybe the bar was just set really low for 80's teen romantic comedies because you know the teen romantic comedies of today are so good! But it was a fun time, and moments were shared with some co-workers that I don't usually hang out with. So all in all, it was a good choice (but eating those 2 frosted cookies were probably not).

5 comments:

ML said...

I know what you mean about the "butter" orangy, gooey stick that they put on popcorn. BLECH!

Sounds like a fun time. I loved Better off Dead. It was one of those funny, but stoopid movies that reminds me of the fun 80's.

Happy Day to you! Notice I left the "V" word out :)

Tracy said...

Cherry, your office sounds like it has a good vibe.

Enjoy your See's candies, and have a happy Valentine's Day with your sweetheart!

J said...

Blechy movie, huh? well, now I know. Thanks for the compliment, that I know all about the 80s. ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was a real treat for work. I would love to kick back and watch a silly movie. Not here it's work work work.
One neat thing happened here a guy brought in heart shaped rice krispy treats with chocolate bottoms and handed them out individually. That was really nice.
Happy Valentine's day.

Beenzzz said...

I love that movie! I think I've watched it at least 30 times in my life. :) Where's my $2? Noone can really resist those frosted cookies can they? YUM!