Thursday, January 25, 2007

Page 123 MeMe

I saw this MeME over at Ally Bean's Crazy Dust in My Coffee, and I thought it sounded fun. So here's goes:

1. Find the nearest book.
2. Name the book & the author.
3. Turn to page 123.
4. Go to the fifth sentence on the page. Copy out the next three sentences and post to your blog.
5. Tag three more folks.

Since the closest book is the phone book, and that's boring, and then is a dictionary, I shall reach a little further and grab the first non-listy book:

Gaia's Garden - A Guide to Home-Scale Permaculture by Toby Hemenway
5th, 6th & 7th sentence of page 123:

"Spiders and birds also thrived in these thickets. Whenever pests swarmed into the adjacent fields, predators were waiting in the wings to gobble up this new food source. With all of the nature standing ready in hedgerows and fallow fields to right any imbalance, pest problems rarely got out of hand."


Well aren't you hungry now? Mmm swarming pests being gobbled up!
I'd tag people, but pretty much anyone who reads this, read's Ally Bean and you probably already did it if you wanted to, so I shall leave this one tagless.

1 comment:

ML said...

Yes, I'm starving! :)

I liked this meme.