Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Flexing my Power

So a few weeks ago I was complaining that it was a little chilly here and I was having to wear sweaters and using blankets at night. Well... so much for that. It has been getting warmer and warmer and today it will go into the triple digits. And the powers that be have declared today a Spare the Air day and a Flex your Power day.

Normally I would be taking advantage of the free public transportation triggered by the "Spare the Air" day on my commute to work, which is close to the coast so it is at least 30 degrees cooler. But instead I am home healing, and HOT! We're not supposed to run our A/C as much as possible, or run any major appliances (great excuses to pick up a book eh?)

So instead of sitting in my very warm home, my good friend Liz is coming to get me to meet up with Julie for a lovely lunch. And then later today, Eric will take me to a local day spa for a massage to help relieve my very stiff and spasming back. And then.... dinner with my friends and their families, this time adding on Dot. Oh, did I say dinner? well I mean a dinner of gelato! To help us all cool off on this VERY warm day!

10 comments:

Autumn's Mom said...

mmmm Gelato. Can't wait. Hope you are having a lovely lunch :)

Tracy said...

How much fun! If only I could be hanging out with you and Julie and Dot and Liz! Super funsies!

Beenzzz said...

Sounds like a fun lunch and dinner! Gelato sounds so yummy right now!

J said...

Happy Birthday Missy! It was lovely to see you at lunch, as well as the always lovely Liz and her beautiful new baby girl. Mmmm. Yummy baby.

Beenzzz said...

It's your birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHERRY!!!!!

Gina said...

Happy Birthday! You sneaky thing you, you weren't going to say, but J ratted you out!

ML said...

Happy Birthday, Cherry!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun day. Stay cool and enjoy.

Ginger said...

You seem to be getting the weather we were getting earlier in August. Of course we never wear sweaters in the summer here. Instead of power problems we have draught problems, though.

Love Bears All Things said...

Happy Birthday, Cherry. Don't ever not post because you think it's silly.
What a lovely gift from Hubby!
Mama Bear