I have a hard time eating properly and often do not get in breakfast, which causes me to over eat at lunch. I had started eating a banana or an apple in the morning, and putting a little peanut butter on each bite to give me a more sustainable satisfaction. I stopped eating the peanut butter when I started being more conscience of my food choices, but then found that I also stopped eating the bananas and apples, and therefore, no breakfast.
I read an article about how peanut butter can actually help people loose weight, because when they had a serving (2 Tablespoons), they felt full longer and would tend not to snack. So I decided to bring peanut butter back to my morning routine, which had dwindled to me just being hungry and whiney and more apt to get a big fat bagel or doughnut. I usually eat natural peanut butter at home, but at work I'd like to have one of the good ol' preservitive filled kind, so I can keep it at my desk, with no refrigeration. Sometimes ease out-weighs the whole food movement.
I got the reduced fat Jif, thinking if I'm going to have the bad kind, I might as well get it with a little less fat. I failed to read the label in the store though. It has the same calorie count as regular Jif (190 cal/serving), and only 20 calories less from fat (110 cal vs 130 cal), because it is full of stuff I can't pronounce AND the label calls it Peanut Butter Spread because it only contains 60% peanuts. Thats right.. the other 40% is sugar and CRAP.
** Thank you to Liz for buying me the peanut butter while I went shopping with her and her toddler, but forgot I had put it in the cart when we got to the checkout so she ended up paying for it. I see how it can be difficult to shop wisely while also entertaining a toddler. **