Thursday, July 20, 2006

Cherry is full of Cherries

**Warning** If you are sensitive to TMI stories, don't bother reading any further. But if you were that sensitive to TMI, then you likely wouldn't be reading blogs anyway.

Sometimes I wish I was working from home everyday. You never know when you wish you could crawl and hide from your co-workers. For example, yesterday I had a very busy morning researching some issues at work, and even though I had the pangs of hunger at 10:30am, I ignored them. 'I'm busy right now body, I'll feed you later.' At noon I was almost done with my research so I thought I'd eat the fruit I had brought for my afternoon snack. The next thing I knew I had eaten about 2 cups of fresh bing cherries. MMmm Mmm, love my summer fruit.

About 30 minutes later I was feeling a little ill. 30 minutes after that I was very uncomfortable, yet getting hungry again, so I start popping the Tums. An hour later I decided maybe a walk would do me some good, maybe relax some muscles, and I could get some crackers from the store at the top of the hill.

The walk was perfect. I was feeling better by the time I got back to the office, but strangely as soon as I sat down, I was in pain again. WTF!

I mention my pain to a friend online, and she said... sounds like gas! What? Gas? I'm freakin 31 years old and I don't know what extreme gas pains feel like? I guess I'm lucky, but I want to curl up and cry at this point. Should I go home? Traffic looks bad and the thought of sitting in the car for 1-2 hours sounds unbearable.

I had mentioned to my boss that I wasn't feeling well, and about 30 minutes later he walks by my desk to find me working while standing yet hunched over my keyboard trying to be productive. I look up in agony and extreme embarrassment. He says... "Those Cherries can be really acidic huh? Maybe Cherry shouldn't eat so many Cherries. Cherries are giving Cherry a pain in the ass?" I look up, smile but can't laugh due to the extreme cramping that was running ramped through my body. I say I think I should go home. He giggles and agrees. How embarrassing.

And yes, of course there was an accident on the Bay Bridge so it took me over an hour just to get to the other side, and I won't go into what the Caldecot Tunnel looked like, nor the 24/680 interchange. So wishing I worked from home yesterday, or at least lived less then 44 miles away.

5 comments:

J said...

Ugh. I was afraid this was going to turn into a 'reah story, cause cherries can do that, too. Boy, they're almost worth it, though. :)

Autumn's Mom said...

gurgle gurgle gurgle

Anonymous said...

Oh those darn cherries. I was worried when you got stuck on the bay bridge and there wasn't a restroom anywhere insight.
Glad you made it home.

Gina said...

That wasn't that much information!

I hear you on the commute, I commuted to my former job about the same distance, in similar circumstances- right through downtown LA towards the beach which was always a nightmare.

Glad you made it home on time as well.

Anonymous said...

You're never too young for gas pains. Case in point: When I was 30, J and I came back to California for a visit (this was when we were living in Philly). We met some friends at the Elite Cafe in San Francisco for brunch and, well, let's just say if you want to feel like Violet Beauregarde when she started to blow up into a blueberry in "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory", combine black beans with sparkling wine. I did and I think I looked like Elvis before he died.