Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Man-Tan

I don't know if anyone else will find this amusing... but I do, so I thought I should chronicle this morning's little event.

My husband, my usually very un-vain and "Berkeley" husband (as we like to describe him), has spent the morning exfoliating and using a sunless tanning lotion to even himself out so he doesn't look like a "farmer".
Of course I too tried this before the wedding to even out my tan lines so they wouldn't show so much with my strapeless dress, and my husband tried as well so he wouldn't look so "farmer-esque" in Hawaii. He was slightly disappointed with the results before, so he bought a more powerful lotion this time and he's giving it another go.
You see, my husband is a landscaper by trade so he's in the sun ALL of the time. No matter how much sunscreen he applies and re-applies, he tans. His beautiful olive skin just simply likes to be tan. VERY TAN. If you were to see him shirtless, you'd note that he wears t-shirts often, as there are very distinct lines of demarcation. I don't mind the lines in the slightest, I just beg that he applies more sunscreen as I'd prefer him not to have to battle skin cancer, as so many in his profession do.

Plus, I'd rather have the lines then the smell of that tanner. Ohh wee!

9 comments:

Gina said...

Ha! My husband has a huge farmer's tan as well. Well, not so much now that he is not on patrol.

Can he wear a long sleeved shirt that has UV protection? That's what the gardeners around here do.

Tracy said...

Yea...sunless tanners are stink-a-riffic!

May I recommend this line of products? I love them:

www.sunprecautions.com

xo,
Starshine

Cherry said...

Gina - I have been trying to get him to wear UV protection clothing for years, but the pleas fall on deaf ears. He used to at least wear long sleeves but he's been very image conscience lately.

Starshine - ohh, thank you! Maybe if I just buy him a few items, he'll just start wearing them. He's generally "cheap" and doesn't believe that UV protection clothing does anything.

J said...

I wonder if he'll be turning orange, which is always what seems to happen to me?

Laura said...

My husband always had the farmer tan as well. And I do find it very amusing.

Karen MEG said...

My DH, not much of a tanner; pretty pale, although when he gets in the sun he doesn't burn. He also slathers on the sunscreen just in case; better to be safe than sorry. Some of those sunless tanners work; there's always that spray-on tan (remember that Friends episode?)

Ginger said...

I've always hated my sock lines because I am not a sandles girl (or flip flops or cros, either). And since I wear sneakers with socks all the time (and because my favorite socks are not the low rise ones) I always have sock lines. It's very unattractive.

ML said...

My husband "conveniently" forgets to use sunscreen and it drives me nuts! You should see his face when he gets home from golfing - big lobster man!

Anonymous said...

Cute, that is a neat product for tan lines...