Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Looking for sparkles in white

Oh my, I forgot to mention in my last post that I got to go Wedding Dress shopping last weekend!

My very good friend, Amy, is getting married in September, and she asked me to join her and her best friend from college to go look at the 2 dresses she narrowed down to after her shopping trips with her mom over Christmas. We didn't find one of the dresses, but no bother because the other one was PERFECT! Amy was a great sport and also tried on other dresses we pulled for her, even though in her heart she already knew. They say you know it when you see it, and she did.

It brought back memories of my planning this past year, but Amy is far more organized and knew exactly what she was looking for. It was a great little afternoon of giggles and ideas and sharing stories.

I wish I could post some of the pictures I took... but Amy occasionally shares my blog with her fiancé and we can't have him see a hint!

Congratulations Amy, you are gorgeous and we can't wait to see you and your love joined together.

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh, how fun! Just today, Hubs told me that he is so glad the planning of our wedding is over and we are now just happily married. I confessed that I quite enjoyed the planning part! And I will say that buying my dress (albeit four years earlier) was definitely my favorite part of the planning! Well...looking at rings is really fun, too!

Laura said...

So then...you must email us all pictures of the dress... ;). Our wedding was fairly simple so there was not so very much in the way of planning. Which is a good thing for disorganized old me.

J said...

Fun to be a part of a wedding so soon after your own! I wonder if you'll be as annoying as I must have been, with all of my rememberings and "Well, I did it this way..." moments. ;)

Unknown said...

What fun!!! Even though I got married a year and a half ago, it's always fun to hear other brides talk about their plans for their wedding! I still love looking at wedding dresses, cakes, flowers, etc!

Happy New Year, Cherry! xo

Unknown said...

Cherry, I just saw the comment you left on my Christmas post! Thank you for identifying the names of those dim sum dishes!! You are the best!!!

Oh! Do you know the name of that one dish that I call "Chinese lasagna"? It's that white noodle with shrimp rolled up in it. I can't remember the name. *sigh* How I wish I learned Chinese when I was younger! Four languages are hard enough to retain though! LOL!

Unknown said...

Thanks! I saw your message re: Chinese lasagna! LOL! :) Thank you! Now I can try to ask for it instead of just point at it!

There's this one dim sum restaurant we go to in New York and it's totally Chinese. Everything is in Chinese! We never go there without my grandmother (even my dad can't speak Chinese)! Anyway, if you even look at someone walking around with a cart or even point at something and say "What's that?" they immediately put it on your table! LOL! It's happened to us so many times. My brothers and I keep joking, "Don't make eye contact, don't make eye contact!" LOL! Otherwise you'd be getting a whole whack of stuff you didn't order!

P.S. Great idea about the e-mail exchange! Mine is christine 12875 at yahoo dot ca

Anonymous said...

Tee hee! It was so much fun shopping with you... and I'm glad you like the dress, because I'm not sure what I would have done if you thought it was fugly! More planning to happen soon...