Sunday, January 06, 2008

and so it continues

All you parents out there, I tip my hat! Well I do in general, but today I have no idea how you can parent when you're sick. I'm still blowing, and coughing, and drinking all the liquids I can handle. I'm basically feeling like a big baby all curled up in blankies on the couch with my cup of hot water. I can't imagine feeling this way and having a little person depending on me.

My wonderful husband went out again today to pick up drugs to loosen up the fun stuff in my lungs (because what we had of that stuff expired a few years ago. Which I guess is a good thing because that means no one has been THAT sick for a while). I am feeling better though, and trying to keep my germies away from Eric because when he gets sinus infections, doctors get involved that want to perform surgeries on his head. He said he is sort of enjoying this time, because usually I'm forcefully self sufficient and he enjoys getting to do things for me and feeling needed. How much does he rock?

Anywho - life still continues while being sick. Well I'm sure someones life is continuing, but mine has been full of an uncomfortable amount of television watching and dozing throughout the day.

I'm determined to get out of the house tomorrow to do some baby shower shopping. One of the best parts of having a friend get pregnant, is getting to buy cute little baby stuff! If I don't get out, at least I hope I have something a tad more interesting to write about... unless you want to hear about the joys of the Sinus Rinse.

7 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

Sorry to hear you're sick. But what a wonderful man you have that actually enjoys waiting on you.
Mama Bear

Laura said...

Oh, you must blog about the sinus rinse. Those are the best blog entries ever. Also, Mucinex is the lifesaver for me when I get all clogged up. Me, I just ignore the kids until I feel better. I kid! I kid! Feel better soon!

Karen MEG said...

Oh, you're sick now too? It can be a challenge when I'm sick, especially when I don't want the kids to catch anything. My cough is now really annoying me so I'm off to see the doctor tomorrow. I may need a puffer - every time I cough now I'm wheezing for breath right after. Not a pleasant sound, and causes my kids a lot of concern too!
Hope you get better really soon sounds like you;re in excellent hands with that hubby of yours.
I've tagged you for a New Year Challenge, if or when you're up to it!

Unknown said...

Hope you're feeling better :)

I love shopping for baby stuff for my friends' babies too! I made my SIL a "diaper cake" for the baby shower that I threw for her. I wrapped up diapers in baby blankets and decorated them with little baby items like a pacifier, booties, a bib, etc.
It was so cute!

Your question about the Neti Pot...yes m'am! I'm going to blog about it as soon as I get a chance! Love it!

J said...

I love me some mucinex, because it truly helps with the chest congestion. Is that what Eric got you? Oh, C, the neti pot? SO GROSS! Spoken as a girl who has never tried one, and my mom, dad, stepmom, sister, and my Dot have all tried it, and swear by it. So don't listen to me saying, "Ewww! Gross!". Whatever works, hon, whatever works.

As for the kids, that's an argument against single parenting right there. Hopefully one of you will be well enough to care for the kids while they're small. When they're a bit older, they can care for you. My brother did that when he was but 6 or 7, but if he had been 2 or 3, it would have been a different ballgame altogether.

~Donna~ said...

You just do it...which is why I just used to let my colds run their course - if I ever got sick (it was and still is a rare occassion - and yes, I consider myself lucky). I had to at least be coherent and not drugged up. Now that Spencer is older and bigger than me, he takes care of his mama when she's sick.

Hope you feel better soon!!!!

Beenzzz said...

I wouldn't try a neti pot either! Yeh, it can be a challenge to parent while sick. The worst is when you and your child are both sick. You have to find the strength to get them better while you're sporting a 103 fever!
I hope you feel better now.