Saturday, July 03, 2010

My new morning

I got up this morning to find Scout Ants in the kitchen. Of course I shall choose to blame the fact that no one did the dishes yesterday, but I'm sure that's just a coincidence. So I spent my precious baby free morning hour cleaning and scrubbing the kitchen (Eric usually cuddles/naps with the baby on mornings he doesn't work until she decides eating again would be more fun)
After the ants appeared gone I then scrubbed the floor, then the garbage can and then sure why not the stove/oven too.
Of course my wrists are killing me all the while but my need for clean was too great.

Now I have again nursed the baby and am pumping my foot on the baby bouncy seat to get this little one to sleep long enough for me to eat some breakfast hopefully before lunch time. I made oatmeal on my clean stove about 2 hours ago. Mmmm

Wish me luck on the eating. It's my toughest daily challenge (oh and Eric has totally already showered and is back taking ANOTHER nap and it's not even 11am yet as I sit hear in my bathrobe ...sheesh)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I've heard that a baby changes everything...even eating habits!

After having Sam, my sister was trim and thin, and she blamed it on being too busy to remember to eat. ;)

I hope you're well! Miss you!

J said...

I've heard the eating thing from lots of new moms, too. I was always able to figure it out, but I know it's pretty difficult for a lot of women.