So much to say, so little time.
I don't know when I'll get time to catch up on all of the reading that has been backing up, but I guess that is what I should expect for going and getting all busy and stuff for over a month.
A brief synopsis of the past 5 weeks:
- Wedding site - check
- Wedding dress - check - hanging in the closet and waiting to be altered
- Wedding cake - check
- Wedding caterer - check
- Wedding website - check
- Wedding photos - check
- Wedding invites - 75% checked - mailing this weekend
- Wedding dress workout kick my ass weekday 5:30am bootcamp - check, check, and will check some more
- Wedding flowers - will be checked when I do them the day before and hopefully they won't be forgotten and make it to the site, because that would REALLY SUCK
- Wedding music - 5% checked, but will be asking my friends to help out with this one
- Wedding wine - been tasting and sipping and researching and asking anyone that might have an opinion (people totally have opinions)
- Wedding hair and make-up - appointment made, and idea pictures in hand
- Wedding day get ready and wedding night hotel room - argh... not checked
- Rehearsal plans - kinda checked but may change because I'm not thrilled with the dinner location
- Day After Brunch plans - also kinda checked, but may change because I love the location but they don't allow reservations so that might be tricky
- Organizing and Communicating with Family and Friends who are travelling - this wasn't my task, but thanks to the wedding website, its much more checked now then it was before
- Letting go of my control freak nature and asking my friends to help me since we are doing a budget wedding and need all the help we can get - well..... I'd say I am doing much better then expected
Did I mention I'm getting married in June and I didn't start planning ANYTHING until about 5 weeks ago? Yup, the last post I published would mark the start of my brain going from thinking about the day to actually making it happen. The day after that post I had my first bridal dress excursion and then I've had little sleep ever since. Of course I've also been slammed at work, which has become a sort of lovely daily vacation from the wedding planning, although it's never fully out of my thoughts. I am having a blast with every moment of it all... well maybe not every moment. Eric and I have had some interesting "discussions", but overall things are going great!
Oh, and some of you might have noticed some cupcake pictures over there in the sidebar. A childhood friend of mine contacted me about making the dessert for a bridal shower she was co-hosting. They turned out really well, and mighty tasty too! So cute that Eric said, We should make the mini ones for our wedding ..... that turned into another one of those "interesting discussions".